Announcing Sphera’s 2017 Operational Risk Benchmarking Study
May 9th, 2017
Don’t risk missing this opportunity!
In June 2017, Sphera will begin creating our second-annual Operational Risk Benchmarking study, and open enrollment starts now.
This is the second year that Sphera will be conducting the study. Last year a dozen companies participated, and we’re looking to expand that roster of organizations for 2017.
Customers that participate in the study will receive not only invaluable benchmarking data around leading indicators to show where their organization compares with other companies in the Safety space but also individual presentations with our experts to discuss and interpret the results.
Learning is a process, not an event, and making sure that data is used to drive a culture of safety and correct behaviors is a primary objective for companies participating in this study.
The study will help companies learn how their individual assets perform in the areas of reporting, engagement, discipline, risk sensitivity and learning optimization based on the data collected to identify the biggest opportunities for improvement. In 2016, for instance, one participating company learned how adding rigor to high-risk events and removing rigor from low-risk ones helped them focus their resources appropriately. Organizations will also be able to use measurement tools to help change their risk-reporting cultures.
Who Can Participate?
Sphera customers are welcome to attend as well as companies with other incident management solutions.
What are the benefits of participating?
Participants will learn how their organizations are performing in the areas of reporting, discipline and risk sensitivity, and use the data to identify the areas that need the most improvement. With the benefit of benchmarking data, companies can compare their Incident Management Process with other companies in the field. Plus, our new forum will offer companies the opportunity to ask qualitative and quantitative questions for the study, and companies will have the benefit of participating in a quality review investigation, root-cause analysis and action items with their peers to discern best practices.
What does the participation process entail?
- 1) Sign a statement of work provided by Sphera to ensure expectations are well understood (by June 2017).
- 2) Provide a copy of the database via a secure FTP site unless you are a hosted/cloud customer (June 2017).
- 3) Spend one hour to go over your business process and units of analysis to ensure we fully understand the components that will be mapped (June 2017).
- 4) Participate in Session 1: “Understanding Terminology” the week of June 26, 2017. This can be accomplished via a conference call or in-person in our Houston office.
- 5) Participate in Session 2: “Mock Quality Review Session” the week of July 24. This can be accomplished via a conference call or in-person in our Houston office.
- 6) Schedule an on-site review of your company specific presentation (August/September 2017)
- 7) Participate in Session 3: “Insights Gained” Review at Sphera’s inspire conference (October 23-25, 2017)
How do we register for the study?
To learn more about the study and to register, please visit our Operational Risk Benchmarking page.